POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Mar 2009 19:45:32
Message: <49cac21c@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:34:08 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> The thing that stuck with me the most was how much respect the court
>> showed the jury - including both the prosecution and defense attorneys.
>
> *Nobody* wants to piss off the jury. :-)

Very true.  But I found that even after the case was over; the defense
lawyer came in and talked to us to find out what she could have done
differently.

We suggested "put your client on the stand rather than trying to imply he
was covering for his wife or some BS like that", to which she basically
admitted he was guilty as hell.

> And yeah, I was mostly speaking theory, in terms of juries throwing
> things out.

Yeah, that's what I thought. :-)

Jim