POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Mar 2009 12:26:38
Message: <49ca5b3e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> His medical expertise could also be a liability to the
> prosecution, so add to that that he's been involved in malpractice suits
> and he would be seen as undesirable in some instances.

Also, neither side wants an expert on the jury, as the others might give his
opinion more weight than their own. If you have a case about someone's
injuries, you're not going to have a doctor on the jury, because the rest of
the jury would just defer to the doctor on the opinion of whether (say) the
defendant was strong enough to cause that kind of injury.

They want you looking at the evidence presented, not the evidence someone
else learned in school. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)