POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Chambers
Date: 24 Mar 2009 23:24:39
Message: <49c9a3f7@news.povray.org>
On 3/24/2009 3:11 PM, andrel wrote:
> Chambers claimed that too many guilty people were not convicted

Not at all.  The people serving sentences in jail were most definitely
convicted, or they would be released.

> that most of the convicted people were there for petty offences, hence
> my question.

Nor did I say "most."  I said "a large number."  I have no idea the
ratio of petty convictions to violent convictions, for instance.  Even
if you knew the ratio, it would be meaningless without also examining
the ratio of petty crimes committed to violent crimes committed as well.
  In other words, there may be more petty convictions because more petty
crimes are committed, but I don't even know if there are more petty
convictions or not.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com