POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Mar 2009 22:01:32
Message: <49c83efc$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/23/2009 3:34 PM, andrel wrote:
> On 23-3-2009 23:17, Chambers wrote:
>> For the most part, it seems that our system errs on the side of
>> letting guilty people go much more often then locking up innocents.
>
> Explain the large number of people in jail in the US?

That has more to do with asinine laws than guilt or innocence.  For
instance, a large number of people in jail are short sentences for petty
crimes.  Still more are for things like drug possession (not dealing).
In these cases, the guilt is beyond question.  It's whether or not those
crimes deserve prison sentences that is the subject of debate.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com