POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : #debug outputs incorrect value : #debug outputs incorrect value Server Time
18 Jul 2024 07:29:57 EDT (-0400)
  #debug outputs incorrect value
From: Timwi
Date: 21 Mar 2009 15:23:51
Message: <49c53ec7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi again :)

Why does str() always return zeroes even for values that aren't zero?

Example:

#include "metals.inc"

#debug "A_GoldD = "
#debug concat(str(A_GoldD.x,5,0), ", ")
#debug concat(str(A_GoldD.y,5,0), ", ")
#debug concat(str(A_GoldD.z,5,0), "\n")

#debug concat("D_GoldD = ", str(D_GoldD, 5, 0), "\n")

This outputs all zeroes, but if I replace "diffuse D_GoldD" and "ambient
A_GoldD" in the definition of T_Chrome_2D with "diffuse 0" and "ambient
0", I get a very different material. Therefore I assume the values
aren't actually zero.

How do I output the correct values?

Thanks
Timwi