POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Warp
Date: 21 Mar 2009 12:24:23
Message: <49c514b7@news.povray.org>
> OK. As I said, I simply said I prefer how the other languages break
> modularity instead, and then I listed the reasons. "Bashing" to me implies
> denegrating it either by lying about its capabilities or saying it's bad for
> no reason or using abusive language or something like that, yes?

  I understand that "bashing" can also be used to describe overly negative
critique of something in a way that, while not telling any lies per se,
makes it sound a lot worse than it really is. Especially if the impact of
many of these negative things is exaggerated, and especifally if all this
is done on purpose.

  For example, in my "I hate Java" page I'm outright bashing Java because
I'm pointing everything that I consider negative about it, without pointing
out anything positive to compensate (although Java does have its positive
things as well). Someone who didn't know anything about Java could get a
rather biased impression of the language by reading that page alone. (Guess
twice if I care. ;) )

--
                                                          - Warp