POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : TheatreSys theatrical lighting system : Re: TheatreSys theatrical lighting system Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:44:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TheatreSys theatrical lighting system
From: Ive
Date: 21 Mar 2009 07:58:04
Message: <49c4d64c$1@news.povray.org>
CShake wrote:
> Here's a set of macros that I've been working on for a while, and
> finally feel like I can submit. It effectively allows you to place
> standard theatrical instruments in your scene, and attach various
> accessories (colors, template patterns, etc).
> I tried to make everything in here as realistic as possible, in terms of
> photometric data, and left a lot of room for modification and expansion.
> It uses LightSysIV (and CIE.inc) from Jaime for color and fading
> calculations.
>
> Color filters (Gels in the technical lingo) were modeled by taking the
> transmission spectra for each color in spline form and passing it
> through CIE to create colors as accurately as possible. The lamps
> themselves use the rated blackbody temperatures of the real lamps, so
> anything made in this should look nearly identical to what it looks like
> in person, within gamma and monitor calibration tolerances.
>
> The zip file contains a folder that contains the main include file, a
> sample proscenium theatre space to test lights in, a wooden stick figure
> to test with, transmission spectrum data for 3 major manufacturers of
> gels, a fairly detailed readme with usage instructions, and a few demo
> scenes to try.
>
> Let me know what you think!
>
> cshake

Looks promising and I'm glad someone could make some use of my old CIE
include file. Which reminds of the lack of a *real* documentation for it
and I guess the purpose and usage of CIE.inc is quite difficult to
understand. I'm sorry for this and I always wanted to write a tutorial &
documentation but never had the time for it. RL - you know.

-Ive