POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Mar 2009 11:59:28
Message: <49c3bd60$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   You are seriously claiming that when you wrote "like, in unsafe languages,
> where a stray pointer can change private variables without going thru the
> class methods? :-)" as a reply to my post you were not directly and
> exclusively referencing C++, especially with that smiley?

Yes. I am seriously claiming that. The smiley is there to say "Gee, I bet
Warp will assume I'm for some reason attacking him. Maybe I'll try to be
friendly and head that off."

If I was intentionally tweaking you, I'd use a winky face. :-)

>   What other half-dozen "unsafe languages, where a stray pointer can change
> private variables" were you talking about there?

C, for one. Any of the usually-safe languages that specifically bypass the
safety features, like Ada using unchecked features or Eiffel with the
precondition checking compiled out.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)