POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Mar 2009 11:56:33
Message: <49c3bcb1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> There are few other unsafe OOP languages I know enough about to discuss. Ada
>> and C++ are the only unsafe OOP languages I know
>
>   Ok, here's a couple more:
>
> - Objective-C. Regardless of the name, has nothing to do with C++.

Hmm. Yes, ok, I'd forgotten about that one, since I looked at it way back in
the NeXT days but never used it. Very good, thanks. That's another example
of an unsafe OO language where the lack of safety can lead to lack of
modularity with all the same problems as C++.

> - C#. Regardless of the name, has nothing to do with C++.

C# is only unsafe if you specifically tell it "hey, I'm doing something
unsafe."  That doesn't really count, any more than a safe language that can
call out to C libraries is "unsafe".

>   I still see no connection to "unsafe" languages and "reflection". Those
> were your inventions.

Yes. It's part of an ongoing conversation, you see. "Access to private
members violates encapsulation."   "Yes, and here's other ways to violate
encapsulation."  See?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)