POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rrrggh..damned plebes... : Re: rrrggh..damned plebes... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rrrggh..damned plebes...
From: Warp
Date: 20 Mar 2009 03:09:41
Message: <49c34135@news.povray.org>
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:42:21 -0400, Warp wrote:

> >> Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, though, and it's far, far
> >> better to err on the side of caution with something like this
> >
> >   Hmm, exactly how is it illegal to make an assumption about the
> >   legality
> > of someone's action in a certain country/state?

> It's not illegal to make the assumption.  But if you make the assumption
> it's "safe" and it's illegal, you aren't going to catch a break - because
> ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it.

  It was a rethorical question. I just wanted to point out that I said
nothing about whether it's a good idea to do it or not. My original point
was that people seem to always assume it's illegal without actually knowing
the actual laws of the place.

> >   Ok, maybe if a lawyer did that and he is mistaken, he could get sued
> >   for
> > malpractice or something.

> We're talking about two different things, I think.

  I was just being sarcastic. I apologize.

> >>, lest you
> >> end up in jail for statutory rape with a bunch of people who REALLY
> >> don't like rapists.  From what I hear, people convicted of that -
> >> especially when minors are involved - tend not to do very well in the
> >> general prison population.
> >
> >   And if you really are innocent and convicted wrongly, tough luck.

> Welcome to the justice system in the USA....

  I don't believe being beaten up in prison is part of the justice system.
Not the legal one, at least.

--
                                                          - Warp