POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Warp
Date: 20 Mar 2009 02:54:01
Message: <49c33d88@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   You always succeed in returning to your favorite subject: Bashing
> > "unsafe" languages. And in your world there's only one such language: C++.

> You know something?  It's getting "really tiresome and old" that every time
> I list problems with 5 or 6 different languages, you think I'm bashing on
> C++.

  5 or 6 different languages? Really?

  You started by making a reference to "unsafe languages" within the subject
of modular programming as a reply to one of my posts (clearly as a reference
to C++), and later you said that C++ is the *only* unsafe OO language you
know of. After that you have been done nothing else than arguing why
modularity in C++ is broken and why Lisp, Java and C# are so great.

  It was certainly not me who brought up C++ into the conversation.

  Yeah, sure. You really have been pointing out problems in "5 or 6 different
languages", and I'm just being paranoid that you are concentrating a little
too much on C++.

> It's getting "really tiresome and old" that every time I point out
> something that Windows does well, I'm told I'm bashing on Linux.

  Every time? When was the last time?

> It's
> getting "really tiresome and old" that every time I point out problems with
> unsafe languages in general, you think I'm bashing solely on C++.

  You explicitly wrote that C++ is the only unsafe OO language you know of.
You have been writing specifically about C++, not about "unsafe languages
in general".

> It's
> getting "really tiresome and old" that every time I talk about automatic
> resource management you think I'm bashing C++. It's getting "really tiresome
> and old" that most times you tell me I'm ignorant and I ask you for more
> information, you ignore that request, preferring just to insult me rather
> than actually provide information that might improve the conversation.

  And it's getting really tiresome and old that you act all innocent after
a tirade of C++ bashing, saying that "I just wanted a serious discussion
and honestly wanted to know more", when it's rather clear that you didn't
really.

  It's also getting tiresome that every time I criticize some other language
you immediately assume I'm defending C++. For example, if I call some other
language "kludgey", you immediately assumed that I'm claiming that C++ is
not, even though I never said anything of the sorts. And of course you
immediately jumped to the opportunity of starting bashing.

--
                                                          - Warp