POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Mar 2009 23:56:03
Message: <49c313d3@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   You always succeed in returning to your favorite subject: Bashing
> "unsafe" languages. And in your world there's only one such language: C++.

You know something?  It's getting "really tiresome and old" that every time
I list problems with 5 or 6 different languages, you think I'm bashing on
C++. It's getting "really tiresome and old" that every time I point out
something that Windows does well, I'm told I'm bashing on Linux. It's
getting "really tiresome and old" that every time I point out problems with
unsafe languages in general, you think I'm bashing solely on C++. It's
getting "really tiresome and old" that every time I talk about automatic
resource management you think I'm bashing C++. It's getting "really tiresome
and old" that most times you tell me I'm ignorant and I ask you for more
information, you ignore that request, preferring just to insult me rather
than actually provide information that might improve the conversation.

I think I've expressed my point of view, and I think you all understand what
I'm saying but for some reason feel the need defend C++ instead of
discussing the pros and cons rationally and conversationally. I can't add
any further information by pursuing this conversation, altho I've left
several questions open in various posts that could be productively answered.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)