POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Warp
Date: 19 Mar 2009 16:54:00
Message: <49c2b0e7@news.povray.org>
> Actually, I thought it ended in C++ because that's the only unsafe OOP
> language I know of.

  I can't understand if that means "I haven't studied unsafe OOP languages
other than C++" or "to my knowledge there are no other unsafe OOP languages".

> It's the only language I know where the compiler
> attempts to enforce modularity but in practice fails to do so, by declaring
> violation of modularity "undefined" or "compiler-specific" rather than
> catching all cases of broken modularity at compile time or runtime.

  Then you don't know much, do you.

> I was trying to figure out how well-documented modularity breaking is a
> "kludge" but poorly documented unsupported modularity breaking isn't.

  The connection between my usage of the word "kludge" and your usage
of the words "unsafe" and "reflection" is purely your invention.

--
                                                          - Warp