POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arrrgggh! : Re: Arrrgggh! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arrrgggh!
From: Warp
Date: 19 Mar 2009 16:44:41
Message: <49c2aeb8@news.povray.org>
> Basically, I argue against uninformed FUD about Microsoft just like others
> argue against uninformed FUD about Apple or Linux or anything else.

  But your level of defense is often of the sort: "What do you mean you
can't create symbolic links in Windows? Of course you can. You write this
asm code which calls this undocumented hidden system function through
a third-party API and there you have it: A symbolic link in Windows."
Especially when the comparison is "in standard unix, ln -s src target".

  (Yes, I am exaggerating above. It's on purpose. However, I am trying
to make a point.)

--
                                                          - Warp