POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Warp
Date: 19 Mar 2009 16:38:03
Message: <49c2ad2b@news.povray.org>
> >> I'm saying that C++ does not enforce that you don't change private instance
> >> variables from outside the class.
> >
> >   And this has exactly what to do with whether (compiler-enforced) data
> > hiding is a good thing or not?

> Because there's two reasons for data hiding: (1) allow more flexibility in
> implementation, (2) allow easier debugging.

> If you can violate my encapsulation, I don't see the data as especially
> encapsulated, is all.

  You didn't answer my question.

  "Is enforced data hiding a good thing or a bad thing?"
  "In C++ you can bypass the encapsulation, so it's a bad thing."

  That doesn't make any sense. Exactly how is C++ related to the subject?
You are badly derailing.

  But of course. As long as you get to bash C++...

> >   Every single discussion about programming with you turns into C++ bashing,
> > no matter what the subject.

> I'm happy to bash any other unsafe OO language you might want to name. :-)

  It's getting really tiresome and old.

--
                                                          - Warp