POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Warp
Date: 19 Mar 2009 16:31:09
Message: <49c2ab8d@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> You can see from this thread that while it began with CLOS, it ended in
> C++ because of its tons of private, protected, friend and other
> schizophrenic access mechanisms leading to complicated interfaces and
> behavior for modules.

  No. You just listed the excuses, not the real reason. The real reason
is that some people here really like to bash C++ at every possible
opportunity they can get. It's like a hobby to them. Or an obsession.

  I certainly didn't bring up C++. It's only after the bashing started
that I got dragged into the discussion about it.

--
                                                          - Warp