POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arrrgggh! : Re: Arrrgggh! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arrrgggh!
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Mar 2009 14:14:12
Message: <49c28b74$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Maybe you will admit that MS doesn't *always* make their programs perfect?

Never said they did. The things I say about MS is that they generally do a
better job of usability than FOSS manages (which isn't surprising,
considering), and I wonder why people complain when MS is greedy. :-) Oh,
and that there's often a lot of functionality that most people don't know
how to use that's there but people lament it not being there.

Basically, I argue against uninformed FUD about Microsoft just like others
argue against uninformed FUD about Apple or Linux or anything else. Not
because I especially like MS, but because I'm familiar with the software and
I dislike uninformed FUD. Often, it's when MS implements something as a
feature that people don't like, and they call it a bug, I point out why it
can be considered a feature given MS's market.

But they often have various bugs in their stuff, sure. And new versions
often are less usable (for me) than older stuff. Like, their Vista version
of media center is a PITA compared to the XP version.

Heck, I use firefox and thunderbird because the MS functionality for those
sucks so bad, buggy and unsafe. :-)  They took over from Sendmail and
Netscape Navigator long ago as being the security bug poster child.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)