POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Mar 2009 23:33:02
Message: <49c1bcee$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Undefined behavior.

Certainly. And that's my point. The C++ standard doesn't say "you can't get
to private members of a class."  It says "We're not going to tell you a
reliable and portable way of doing so."  That doesn't mean you can't access
private variables - otherwise, we wouldn't have buffer overflows clobbering
private variables in exploits, would we?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)