POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Warp
Date: 18 Mar 2009 16:28:52
Message: <49c15984@news.povray.org>
> Certainly if should-be-private members are exposed as public but don't
> document to the user which are private, that's a problem.

  I thought you were old enough to know some basic facts of life:

Rule #1: People *don't* read documentation.
Rule #2: Read rule #1.
Rule #3: Even if people read documentation, they do not have photographic
         memory and they forget.
Rule #4: Humans are imperfect and make mistakes.

  Why is it a bad thing to make the compiler check interface breaches is
beyond my comprehension. It's enormously easier to do than writing some
documentation and *hoping* that people will read and obey it, and never
make mistakes.

--
                                                          - Warp