POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Mar 2009 13:30:28
Message: <49c12fb4$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Of course, such attitude would not stand the barbarism going on in
> enterprise by thousands of code monkeys typing a bad rerun of

I think by the time you get people so disconnected from each other that you
have to literally defend your code against them, you also have a
sufficiently big management structure that you can afford code reviews and
things like that. And if someone *does* need to bypass your API and access
the private variables, chances are you can either (1) get them to change the
implementation of the public API, or (2) if the author is (say) in another
company, it's a good thing you can bypass the lack of ability to do what you
need. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)