POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : TheatreSys theatrical lighting system : TheatreSys theatrical lighting system Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  TheatreSys theatrical lighting system
From: CShake
Date: 18 Mar 2009 11:56:41
Message: <49c119b9@news.povray.org>
Here's a set of macros that I've been working on for a while, and
finally feel like I can submit. It effectively allows you to place
standard theatrical instruments in your scene, and attach various
accessories (colors, template patterns, etc).
I tried to make everything in here as realistic as possible, in terms of
photometric data, and left a lot of room for modification and expansion.
It uses LightSysIV (and CIE.inc) from Jaime for color and fading
calculations.

Color filters (Gels in the technical lingo) were modeled by taking the
transmission spectra for each color in spline form and passing it
through CIE to create colors as accurately as possible. The lamps
themselves use the rated blackbody temperatures of the real lamps, so
anything made in this should look nearly identical to what it looks like
in person, within gamma and monitor calibration tolerances.

The zip file contains a folder that contains the main include file, a
sample proscenium theatre space to test lights in, a wooden stick figure
to test with, transmission spectrum data for 3 major manufacturers of
gels, a fairly detailed readme with usage instructions, and a few demo
scenes to try.

Let me know what you think!

cshake

Post a reply to this message