POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rrrggh..damned plebes... : Re: rrrggh..damned plebes... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rrrggh..damned plebes...
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 17 Mar 2009 19:22:42
Message: <49c030c2$1@news.povray.org>
I did act rashly; which probably wasn't a good idea. The presence of
malicious tools on the system and lack of much else was to me, a pretty good
indication that I had the right person.

I normally would never retaliate in such a way, and in fact I typically help
people lock their systems down, remove viruses, spyware, etc.. and educate
them as to the proper ways to protect themselves. I'm not exactly "black
hat", more white hat than anything.

I have learned certian things so that I might understand the ways in which I
or my clients may be attacked, so that I may more adequately protect against
such threats.

So such retaliation was pretty out of character for me. I'm not a "bad
person" nor do I engage in unwarranted malevolent behavior.

Looking back, I was wrong.
I will not retaliate in such a way again...apologies to all...

I do hope I can earn your collective trust/respect back.

ian