POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rrrggh..damned plebes... : Re: rrrggh..damned plebes... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rrrggh..damned plebes...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Mar 2009 15:37:57
Message: <49bffc15$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:20:38 -0400, [GDS|Entropy] wrote:

> True..
>
> But then again, even if that were so, at least that person is backdoor
> free now. ;-)

Well, hopefully they didn't store any critical data on it either.  If
they have an external IDS in place (or perhaps if it were a honeypot),
then just maybe they could come after you.  Nothing like having a
wonderful plan blow up in your face, you know.

> Given the lack of any major brand name apps in that system, I doubt it
> was a commercial machine. It was probably just a system some plebe set
> up to mess around in. After all, who would want Solaris if not to run a
> major app on? Solaris sucks. There aren't many apps that run on it
> either.

There are plenty of people who use Solaris for a number of tasks.  Your
opinion of the OS really isn't relevant to their choice, and the fact
that you "backhacked" the site really says more about you than it does
about them, doesn't it?

Jim