POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rrrggh..damned plebes... : rrrggh..damned plebes... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  rrrggh..damned plebes...
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 17 Mar 2009 00:28:16
Message: <49bf26e0$1@news.povray.org>
I was looking through some logs from a net node I don't use much here about
three days ago...I found that some subhuman POS was hitting my other
WRT300-N like a 25cent ho... Whoever it was evidently wasn't smart enough to
route their IP through multiple points, much less black hole it...

I don't like that crap. I have a big problem with anyone who feels like
messing with me in person or my tech online...especially if they aren't
creative enough to even attempt to hide themselves...

I have had to spend the last few days trying various things...out of nothing
more than malevolent, hate-filled revenge...but I finally nailed the
prick...(ip withheld...'cause perfect paranoia is perfect awareness)

Apparently the "person" (used very loosely) was running Solaris...I first
tried various easy RDP and MSMSGR exploits (before I found out OS), but to
no avail..so I attempted some assorted 'Nix exploits, and got a hit with the
port 23 telnet 'sploit....which is Solaris exclusive AFAIK...

Haha...I hope they like their nicely wiped system. :-D

I should have just flashed their BIOS with garbage, or upped thier proc and
RAM voltage to absurd levels...but I'm not *that* mean...

Backhacking can be fun...but I'd rather POV....and now that thet they are
occupied for the next few days, trying to figure out just WTF exactly
happened, I can. ;-D

Since this incident I have become tempted to set up a 'nix box just to act
as a firewall...maybe even positioned after a fireBox or cisco PIX firewall
box...

One cannot be too safe...stupid teenagers and their scripts...(stupid vista
too [HP used on the comp on that node]...gentoo time perhaps...?)

...2600

ian