POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thunderbird question. : Re: Thunderbird question. Server Time
9 Oct 2024 07:00:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thunderbird question.
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Mar 2009 23:36:13
Message: <49bf1aad$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Uh.. Thanks. And here I thought I would try something "silly" like doing
> what "every online system" and other clients do, and just add
> "*lindenlab.com" to my address book or a "these are OK" list.

You can do that. There's a checkbox to say "people in my address book never
send spam."  I don't think you can wildcard the addresses in your address book.

Maybe there's a way to whitelist specific addresses.

> Personally, I think its a glaring omission, given the number of Yahoo
> Groups, SL group mail, and other similar "everything from this place is
> valid" stuff you have around today. You are not longer mass mailing such
> groups, using usenet for them all the time, or looking for one clear and
> "specific" address. :(

Yes. For mailing lists, I set "if it's to or cc the mailing list, or it's
from the mailing list, then whitelist it."  Note that you have a "contains"
option, so you can see if it "contains @yadda.com" for example.

I also usually sign up for things with different email addresses, so my
erlang mailing list subscription is to dnew+erl### [at] sanrrcom which makes it
easy to filter.

There's no obvious whitelist other than that or marking them as "not junk"
until you've trained the filter it isn't junk.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)