POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64? : Re: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 18:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Mar 2009 22:07:09
Message: <49bf05cd$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:18:16 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> On 3/16/2009 9:50 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> What, so you'd rather offload the work from your plate to the
>> developers who volunteer their efforts to develop the software?
>>
>> Jim
>
> That's not exactly fair; he's not asking anyone to do the work for him,
> he's asking if the work's already been done.

Fair enough, but he did respond to your response saying that he didn't
want to compile it himself and that your suggestion wasn't constructive.

Just rubbed me the wrong way - we seem to have a lot of people who come
in here and demand that the beta be updated, and they don't seem to
understand that the people who do the work on this stuff volunteer their
time.

But perhaps I did overreact.

Jim