POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is the sort of brokenness... : Re: This is the sort of brokenness... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is the sort of brokenness...
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Mar 2009 18:07:45
Message: <49becdb1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In my little experience, trying to use a programming paradigm (eg. OOP)
> with a language which has no specific support for that paradigm (eg.
> traditional lisp or scheme, or C) only creates a ton of kludges.

Actually, LISP has excellent support for OO. It has closures (which are
objects without the types, not unlike javascript objects) and it has macros
that let you Do The Right Thing with the syntax and integrate it cleanly
into the language. It's not going to look like Java/C++/C#/etc classes, but
I'd disagree it's a kludge.

I don't remember scheme enough to know how clean it is, and I'll agree with
you on the C part. :-)  And that's not to say there aren't things that would
be very difficult to do in LISP without native support built into the
language (like some forms of control flow, for example).

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)