POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Converting Models to CSG : Re: Converting Models to CSG Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting Models to CSG
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Mar 2009 04:39:48
Message: <49be1054@news.povray.org>
I am coming late into the debate and most has been said already. Just from
my personal experience, I really learned to model in CSG in my early days,
by heavily using Moray. Nowadays you could also consider Bishop3D I suppose.
It gave me the clear understanding about how the world could be turned into
a (complex) bunch of simple primitives. From there, I gradually shifted to
the use of meshes, which I favour nowadays, without entirely abandoning CSG
of course. Wings3D is an excellent introduction to that world.

And, it goes without saying, I learned from looking at what others had
achieved, and asking stupid questions. These forums are magnificent for both
:-)

Thomas