POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic (and expensive) failure : Re: Epic (and expensive) failure Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:38:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic (and expensive) failure
From: Chambers
Date: 13 Mar 2009 05:37:00
Message: <49ba293c$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/12/2009 6:33 AM, Invisible wrote:
> The classes are one hour, not two. One hour, once a week.

One hour, 3 times a week is better.  Or 30 minutes, 5 times a week, but
recent research suggests the first is healthier.

> (Actually, on reflection, if I had a time machine I wouldn't use it to
> find out if I'd still get fat... More like, go back in time, bitch-slap
> myself, and radically alter a few life choices!)

Ever see the movie Daywatch?  There's a line in there I love... a
villain is offered the opportunity to correct any of his past mistakes,
which he declines.  His associate asks him, "You don't make mistakes?"
to which he replied, "I don't regret them."

Fact is, if you had made different choices, you wouldn't understand the
necessity of those choices.  It's the act of making mistakes that
teaches you not to; to quote conventional wisdom, "it's the burnt hand
that teaches best."

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com