POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic (and expensive) failure : Re: Epic (and expensive) failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic (and expensive) failure
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Mar 2009 11:04:22
Message: <49b92476$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> I don't get it. I finished growing 10 years ago. Why the sudden change
>> *now*?
>
> Your metabolism probably changes as you get older, meaning more of what
> you eat gets stored as fat and less gets converted to energy.

Heh. Next I get to have all my hair fall out. Yay, me. :-/

Damnit, my life is almost over now, and I haven't even *done* anything
yet! >_<

>> Well, if I'm not going to eat cheese any more, the question would be
>> "what the heck am I going to eat?"
>
> Um do you see anyone else having a diet of 80% cheese?

Heh, no. Mind you, most other people seem to eat stuff I wouldn't touch
even if you paid me. :-P

> Read this:
>
> http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/eighttipssection/8tips/

Mmm, interesting. I had no idea starch was so great. Well, at least I
can still max out on pasta and potatoe wedges then! There's no way I'm
going to willingly eat slimy fish though. :-P

> Is it that you don't like anything other than cheese, or you can't think
> what else to eat?

Well, at work I have cheese sandwiches. Given that there are no food
preparation facilities of any kind, I'm struggling to think what else I
could possibly eat. Crisps? That hardly seems like an improvement.

I often have cheese on toast in the evening, but that's just because
there's usually no "real" food in the building. When it's available, I
tend to eat pizza (so... basically cheese then) or cook some chicken. Or
some other kind of meat. Or maybe just noodles. (Not very filling though...)

>> As for exercise... I only really have 3 hours a day that I can do
>> anything with.
>
> Even 30 mins exercise a day will have a huge impact, believe me.

Don't believe you.

I spent 2 years of my life cycling over 2 hours per day. It made NO
DIFFERENCE at all. And let me tell you, each day I arrived at my
destination *exhausted*. Still it made no difference.

> I doubt you could even run for 30 mins straight at the moment

I agree. I'm a sprinter, I never could do long distances.

> If you attempt to walk/jog/run for 30 mins every evening and eat
> healthier food you will have lower weight in a few weeks, it's almost
> guaranteed.

Er, yeah, right. I know of people who have been doing that for decades
and still can't lose weight.

>> 3. That's *insanely* boring.
>
> Well find something that you enjoy more, roller blading, cycling,
> swimming etc.

Like I said, I took up dance classes because I thought it might help.
But apparently not. Likewise, I enjoy rock climbing (surely a serious
workout?), but the local climbing wall purposely shuts 10 minutes before
I arrive home just to annoy me. And then there's skiing. Again quite a
good full-body workout, but *damned* expensive.

> Believe me, you'll prefer doing the above to being in hospital with a
> heart attack later in life, read up on cholesterol, how much is in
> cheese, and why you have heart attacks.  A diet of 80% cheese is going
> to lead to a disaster...

Well, I recently had a blood test specifically looking for cholesterol,
and apparently they found nothing unusual. The 80% figure, like all
statistics, is made up off the top of my head. I haven't actually
*measured* it or anything, it just seems like about the right number.