POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic (and expensive) failure : Re: Epic (and expensive) failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic (and expensive) failure
From: scott
Date: 12 Mar 2009 10:44:57
Message: <49b91fe9@news.povray.org>
> I don't get it. I finished growing 10 years ago. Why the sudden change
> *now*?

Your metabolism probably changes as you get older, meaning more of what you
eat gets stored as fat and less gets converted to energy.

> Well, if I'm not going to eat cheese any more, the question would be "what
> the heck am I going to eat?"

Um do you see anyone else having a diet of 80% cheese?  Read this:

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/eighttipssection/8tips/

Is it that you don't like anything other than cheese, or you can't think
what else to eat?

> As for exercise... I only really have 3 hours a day that I can do anything
> with.

Even 30 mins exercise a day will have a huge impact, believe me.  I doubt
you could even run for 30 mins straight at the moment, I know I could only
just about manage about 10 mins very slowly when I didn't do any exercise
previously.

If you attempt to walk/jog/run for 30 mins every evening and eat healthier
food you will have lower weight in a few weeks, it's almost guaranteed.

> 3. That's *insanely* boring.

Well find something that you enjoy more, roller blading, cycling, swimming
etc.  Hey even get one of those cross-trainer exercise machines and watch a
DVD at the same time, that's what I often do if the weather is particularly
bad outside, the time goes so quickly.

Believe me, you'll prefer doing the above to being in hospital with a heart
attack later in life, read up on cholesterol, how much is in cheese, and why
you have heart attacks.  A diet of 80% cheese is going to lead to a
disaster...