POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic (and expensive) failure : Re: Epic (and expensive) failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic (and expensive) failure
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Mar 2009 09:16:25
Message: <49b90b29$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> That is exactly to be expected, when you are younger most people can eat
> what they like with little or no exercise and won't get fat.  Usually
> during your late 20s / early 30s that changes, it's just life.

I don't get it. I finished growing 10 years ago. Why the sudden change
*now*?

> Take some advice from Warp's reply before it's too late.  BTW it's not
> just the weight, having a diet and lifestyle like that is just not
> healthy and you'll increase the risk of all sorts of other problems
> later in life.

Well, if I'm not going to eat cheese any more, the question would be
"what the heck am I going to eat?"

As for exercise... I only really have 3 hours a day that I can do
anything with. I'm at work all day. My job involves sitting motionless.
Can't really change that. I spent 2.5 hours per day sat motionless in a
car. Can't really change that. That leaves 3 hours each evening.

I guess I could spend 3 hours each day running. However, there are two
problems:

1. I can't run for that long.

2. That isn't long enough to make any measurable difference to a
person's fitness levels.

3. That's *insanely* boring.

I guess you could maybe add in the weekends too... I don't know.

The irony is, I took up dance classes partly because I thought it would
be good exercise. Hell, it seems physical enough! Enough to get me very
hot and tired anyway. But, apparently, it's having no effect at all...