POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension : Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
From: Chris Cason
Date: 11 Mar 2009 22:03:43
Message: <49b86d7f$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> The majority of us (those who use FF for this reason)
>> *DO NOT WANT* any Microsoft internet-related code running in FF, it's that
>> simple.
>
> That will be a bit tricky seeing as you have FF running on an OS written by
> MS, if you really do not want any MS code running then use a different OS

That's not what I said. I said "running *in* FF". I don't understand why you
turn one into the other.

There's a difference between FF running *on* Microsoft software, and FF having
Microsoft plugins introduced *into* it. While we have to at a minimum put up
with FF using the Windows IP stack, mostly the rest of the code that is directly
exposed to the internet in FF is not written by MS. It is precisely this type of
code that has caused so many previous security incidents.

-- Chris