POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic (and expensive) failure : Re: Epic (and expensive) failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic (and expensive) failure
From: Chambers
Date: 11 Mar 2009 22:03:33
Message: <49b86d75@news.povray.org>
On 3/11/2009 3:15 AM, Invisible wrote:
> It's finally happened. I'm old. :'(

Nah, you're mature.  It happens to everyone :)

It just means you have to lead a different lifestyle from when you were
younger if you want to keep the same physical shape.

> ....but then I think "well, wouldn't I be more likely to keel over and
> die rather than lose weight?" I mean, AFAIK, it's impossible to lose
> weight, you can only gain it.

Bulshi*.  The reason most people don't lose weight is because they don't
care enough.

They care more about eating that tasty donut than dieting.
They care more about playing video games than exercising.

It all comes down to choice, and most people aren't willing to choose to
lose weight.  They are perfectly capable of doing so, if they cared enough.

> And then I start thinking really crazy things like "well, maybe if I
> spend 3 hours a day running round the block..." But that's not going to
> help either.

If you spend 3 hours a day running, you'll live an extra ten years...
but you'll spend those ten years running!

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com