POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension : Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
From: Warp
Date: 11 Mar 2009 18:51:46
Message: <49b84081@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > The majority of us (those who use FF for this reason)
> > *DO NOT WANT* any Microsoft internet-related code running in FF, it's that
> > simple.

> That will be a bit tricky seeing as you have FF running on an OS written by
> MS, if you really do not want any MS code running then use a different OS
> for web browsing, it's the only way to be sure.

  So basically you are saying: If you use Windows, don't bother even trying
to browse securely. Just use IE and whatever. After all, it's futile to even
try to do anything securely.

  That's the kind of TheDailyWTF style mentality, in the same lines as
"we don't have any passwords in your database server because, after all,
it's impossible to secure it from all possible hacker attacks".

--
                                                          - Warp