POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good paper on non-ACID databases : Re: Good paper on non-ACID databases Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good paper on non-ACID databases
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Mar 2009 17:17:46
Message: <49b82a7a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Sure. Because if you use flat files instead, it's *completely possible*
> to allow multiple threads to alter the data without completely screwing
> it up.

BTW, you *are* aware that all modern desktop-level databases store their
data in flat files and use multiple threads?  Are *are* aware that google's
databases are all stored in "flat files"?

It's actually pretty easy - updates go to the end of the file.

I was reading this the other day. It's pretty good.
http://www.relisoft.com/book/tech/8trans.html

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)