POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid : Re: World Community Grid Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Mar 2009 15:54:21
Message: <49b816ed$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> 	Yeah - those are the ones. Mine seem to come on within a second.

As I think I mentioned, it seems to be a mostly-solved problem. It used to
take tens of minutes, and when that batch burned out the new ones took maybe
2 or 3 minutes, and this most recent batch come on within maybe 5 seconds,
but I don't think they're as bright as the old ones were. Or my eyes are
aging faster than I want to believe. :-)

Perhaps they traded off something to make them warm up faster? I wouldn't be
surprised if the bulbs last much shorter than they could in order to be
bright quickly.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)