POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wonderful Dell : Re: Wonderful Dell Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wonderful Dell
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 11 Mar 2009 08:37:54
Message: <49b7b0a2$1@news.povray.org>
news:49b7ad8a$1@news.povray.org...
> [GDS|Entropy] wrote:
>> I've had too many bad experiences with dell. Fans and other random
>> hardware dying on a consistant basis.
>
> They wouldn't be _my_ first choice either, frankly.
>
>> Thats why all of my comps at home are HP. Haven't had a single problem
>> with them since my old 8370 circa 1998.
>
> HP probably would be. And hey, I gather there are moves afoot for the
> company to eventually switch from Dell to HP. But for now... I'm stuck
> with Dell.

Yeah...never underestimate the effect of commercials on the CIO...

>> My next comp will probably be a Cray CX1. Those look sweeeet!
>
> O_O

They aren't *too* terribly expensive, especially considering what you get.
http://www.cray.com/Products/CX1.aspx

I think that computer, close to maxed out, could hold my interest for a few
years at least. As long as it plays DOOM, right? ;-D

>> The only way I'm getting that one though is if funding for this biofuels
>> startup comes through.
>> One never knows with those things though...I've been involved in enough
>> tech startups to not beleive anything until I see the money in my
>> account. ;-D
>
> Uh, yeah... enjoy that one.

Yeah, its been interesting so far. A decent amount of cash has come my way
in the last few months. I'm just glad that it isn't MY startup...someone
else can deal with all of the annoying crap. I'm just in it for the $$$,
beyond that I couldn't give less of a crap.

ian