POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wonderful Dell : Re: Wonderful Dell Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wonderful Dell
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 11 Mar 2009 08:17:51
Message: <49b7abef$1@news.povray.org>
I've had too many bad experiences with dell. Fans and other random hardware
dying on a consistant basis.
Thats why all of my comps at home are HP. Haven't had a single problem with
them since my old 8370 circa 1998.
Back then they blew about as much as the imac I tried. I went through 6
mobos and 4 monitors with that accursed machine. It wasn't even first
gen...it turned me off completely to all things mac.

My next comp will probably be a Cray CX1. Those look sweeeet!
The only way I'm getting that one though is if funding for this biofuels
startup comes through.
One never knows with those things though...I've been involved in enough tech
startups to not beleive anything until I see the money in my account. ;-D

ian