POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid : Re: World Community Grid Server Time
5 May 2024 15:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 11 Mar 2009 00:04:22
Message: <49b73846$1@news.povray.org>
feet1st wrote:
> lifetimes to research. For those that believe the government should pay for all
> the research required, I'll just remind you that for every dollar that goes in
> to the government, much of it is consumed in paying interest on debts for past
> grand mistakes and misuse of the money we entrusted them with. It would be MUCH
> more efficient if your dollar went directly to the research of your choice.

	Did you bother reading all of "somebody"'s posts before replying? In
another message (not the one you're replying to), he said:

"In short, just turn off your PC at night and donate part of the savings
to your favourite research. It would probably be more beneficial for all."

	So he's certainly not against donating money. And I snipped some of the
context - but his point was that if all the people running these
software instead donate money to support running a _dedicated_ cluster,
 then the calculations may be more efficient.

	I don't necessarily (dis)agree, and the two aren't mutually exclusive.

--
May your screen live long and phosphor.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl