POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension : Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2009 22:13:09
Message: <49b5ccb5$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Chris Cason wrote:
>>> I've told you four times now. I was NOT asked or told. You are intentionally
>>> ignoring this.
>> I'm not ignoring *your* experience.  I'm telling you that *I* wasn't
>> surprised it was installed when I installed it.  What can I say?
>
> Here's a direct quote from your post I made that reply to:
>
> Darren New wrote:
>>> not like it's a root kit or something - before the first time it runs, you
>>> get FF in your face telling you it has been installed, do you want to
>>> configure it or disable it? Hardly "stealth."
>
>  "*YOU* get ff in in your face, telling *YOU* it has been installed, do *YOU*
>   want to configure it ..."

Clearly I should have said "One gets that in one's face." Miscommunication
there.

Right now, I'm building a new virtual machine, gonna put firefox on it, then
install windows updates, and I'll see exactly what it does while I'm paying
attention.

> Hardly "your" experience,

It was my experience, as far as I recall from the two times I installed the
stuff here. I assumed the security features in FF that showed me that worked
for you too.

> and typical of your other replies, where you tend to
> directly contradict the poster. Your extensive use of the third party

... second party ... ;-)

> makes it clear you intend to refer to the OP, not yourself.

Sure. But earlier I also said "maybe your experience was different."

> You have successfully hijacked this thread from a discussion of the topic to a
> "you were told" "not I was'nt" "yes you were".

Sorry. It looked like "I wasn't told" *was* the topic of the thread.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)