POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension : Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
From: Chris Cason
Date: 9 Mar 2009 21:25:26
Message: <49b5c186@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Chris Cason wrote:
>> I've told you four times now. I was NOT asked or told. You are intentionally
>> ignoring this.
>
> I'm not ignoring *your* experience.  I'm telling you that *I* wasn't
> surprised it was installed when I installed it.  What can I say?

Here's a direct quote from your post I made that reply to:

Darren New wrote:
> > not like it's a root kit or something - before the first time it runs, you
> > get FF in your face telling you it has been installed, do you want to
> > configure it or disable it? Hardly "stealth."

 "*YOU* get ff in in your face, telling *YOU* it has been installed, do *YOU*
  want to configure it ..."

Hardly "your" experience, and typical of your other replies, where you tend to
directly contradict the poster. Your extensive use of the third party makes it
clear you intend to refer to the OP, not yourself.

You have successfully hijacked this thread from a discussion of the topic to a
"you were told" "not I was'nt" "yes you were". I resent this; I took the time to
make the post because it's a subject I care about and it's descended into a
series of defences of Microsoft's actions primarily by yourself.

-- Chris