POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension : Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
From: Chris Cason
Date: 9 Mar 2009 20:50:18
Message: <49b5b94a$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> not like it's a root kit or something - before the first time it runs, you
> get FF in your face telling you it has been installed, do you want to
> configure it or disable it? Hardly "stealth."

I've told you four times now. I was NOT asked or told. You are intentionally
ignoring this.

I will state one last time: I was NOT ASKED OR TOLD. on EITHER of my machines. I
am not the sort of user who clicks past warnings or ignores checkboxes. Network
security is one of my professional gigs.

I use Firefox because of Microsoft's abysmal security record with the internet
as a whole, and IE in particular. I am very choosy about what I permit to be
installed in Firefox and what pissed me off about this incident is that I got no
notification whatsoever that it was installed, and if I had been asked I would
under no circumstances have allowed it.

Given you have chosen to intentionally ignore my prior statements and basically
imply I am either stupid or a lair, I consider you have passed the point of fair
discussion and are simply a troll. As a troll, you are not welcome to continue
posting to this thread; if you wish to troll, go elsewhere.

-- Chris