POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid : Re: World Community Grid Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 9 Mar 2009 19:01:21
Message: <49b59fc1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
>> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>>> You can find all the answers for these questions and more in the link
>>> I have provided, please visit them.
>>
>> Fail.
>>
>> As best as I can tell, the answer is "No" and "No." Had the "completed
>> research" links actually pointed to the completed research, I might
>> have thought it was worthwhile.
>
> Oh, I see. It does promise to make results public domain. Actually
> saying that might have helped, since they don't actually have a search
> feature on their site, for example. :-)  I didn't think it was worth the
> time roaming thru an entire web site looking for a question that might
> not have been answered, just so I can give *them* some money.
>
> Just a hint, tho?  When you're asking someone to do something nice and
> selfless for you, it's usually a good idea not to be obnoxious about
> answering the question "Why should I?"  :-)

Actually I gave enough info and people that ask "Why should I?" is I
don't care about selfless things but if you talk/write to me enough I
MIGHT do it, if they do, they do for a little time then "suddenly" they
get "bothered" by it, so they MUST uninstall the damn thing. Is for
Humanity benefit, the more we are helping the better, you don't know if
you're gonna develop cancer or another disease in the future, so I don't
  know HOW some pèople find this to be WRONG, I just don't get it, IMO
distributed computing for helping Humanity is best thing ever build
after computers them selves

Any way... if you check my last self-post DETAILS any info you might
require.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, the first post and the first self-post
shows clearly what WCG is and how to download the client. I'm not saying
your questions are not valid or anyone asking about it, is just that I
thought since most is in the website and the res on the forums, well...

If I was I'm sorry, wasn't my intention at all, point taken though, thx.

:-)