POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension : Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2009 13:51:04
Message: <49b55708$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> It's also been reported if a user purchases a computer with this already
> installed (e.g. a brand-new fully-updated Vista system could potentially
> have KB951847), and *subsequently* installs firefox, the extension turns up
> in FF immediately.

Sounds like, then, that they don't actually have to modify firefox at all in
order to make this functionality work. They're just installing the bundled
software, and the fact that it affects *firefox* instead of your desktop or
IE or your start menu or your Office installation is what has people up in arms?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)