POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy : Re: My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My toy
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Mar 2009 20:22:32
Message: <49b46148$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/8/2009 2:35 PM, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Most GUI toolkits either provide a function that blocks waiting for an
> event, or take over control and call your callbacks (ie. event loop inside
> the toolkit). How can you call anything else meanwhile?

Use a GUI toolkit designed with task scheduling on a single CPU w/o
hardware interrupts.

What you're asking is like asking, "How can you implement raytracing
with a graphics engine designed for scanline rendering?"  The answer
being, of course, "Use a different engine" :)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com