POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Standard libraries : Re: Standard libraries Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard libraries
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Mar 2009 20:15:29
Message: <49b45fa1$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> I think the most useful feature of RTTI is not typeid() to get a string, but
> dynamic_cast.

I think my C++ fu is obviously very weak. I'm having a hard time seeing how
boost::any works, or at least what are the requirements and syntax of the
instantiation of it.

http://www.two-sdg.demon.co.uk/curbralan/papers/ValuedConversions.pdf

It sounds like "Employing the member template mechanism supports implicit
conversion from values of an arbitrary type into an any." means that I can
just say

   any X = string("Hello");
and X will be an any<string> initialized to a copy of the std::string "Hello"?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)