POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Standard libraries : Re: Standard libraries Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard libraries
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Mar 2009 20:08:56
Message: <49b45e18$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> I dunno... I think you might be able to do something like this:
>
> I guess that would work for your own exceptions. If you get anyone
> else's library, you're kind of screwed.

Actually, taking it one step farther, the place where it's hardest to debug
the failure is exactly where (a) it isn't your code to change, or (b) you
didn't expect to throw the exception (i.e., it got thrown for you).
Otherwise, you can put enough detail into the exception manually, or just
log the backtrace right there without dealing with exceptions at all.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)