POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Standard libraries : Re: Standard libraries Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard libraries
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Mar 2009 19:20:41
Message: <49b452c9@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> And that's what I asked - what would I google on to see this, given it's
> not defined in exception.h?  What's it called?

It's not directly related to exceptions, since it's a C API (not C++).

GNU libc (not libstdc++!) has C functions to get backtraces at any moment.
It's a GNU extension. You may very well call it in an exception handler.

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libc/Backtraces.html

The Windows API has similar functionality through the DlgHelp module,
especially the StackWalk64() and SymFromAddr() functions.