POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fake Pixar animations : Re: Fake Pixar animations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fake Pixar animations
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Mar 2009 01:14:44
Message: <49b36254$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/7/2009 4:43 PM, Mike Hough wrote:
> but on the
> other hand many of these videos are not being uploaded by the original
> artists.

And whoever DOES upload them might honestly believe they are Pixar.  I'd
seen that "I Will Survive" one before, and I remember reading that it
was done by someone from Pixar (although I don't know if they did when
*at* Pixar; it could have been from before their employment).  Given the
sheer number of animators that Pixar employs, I'm certain some of them
have done shorts in their spare time and uploaded them to the Net, and
other people could be confused by this.

At least it's not yet to the point where someone sees an animation and
says, "That must be Pixar!" the way they do with Weird Al Yankovic (I
swear, at least 90% of the songs attributed to him don't have anything
to do with him).

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com